Job Title: Grants & Communications Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Grants & Communications Manager works with the Executive Director to create an annual plan and manages grant cultivation in cooperation with Artivate staff. This position also assists with the execution of fund raising events. The Grants & Communications Manager provides content and stories for electronic dissemination and coordinates efforts in securing grant funding that enable Artivate to sustain operations and deliver on its mission.
- Prepare all components of grant applications. As needed for large submissions, coordinates the efforts of a multi-departmental team to develop the grant applications.
- Work closely with Artivate Executive Director to develop grant project budgets.
- Track submissions and grant awards; manages a grant information in Salesforce database, which includes a reporting reminder system.
- Works with project leads to prepare reports as required by granting agencies.
- Works with appropriate Artivate staff to summarize data demonstrating need for a program and impact of the program, to include in grant proposals.
- Create and disseminate broadcast e-mail communications and e-newsletter stories.
- Manage annual fundraising campaigns, on-line campaigns, and fundraising events in cooperation with executive director and board development committee.Provide timely advice and information to Artivate management team regarding new and ongoing funding opportunities. Collaborates with the team in defining and implementing project funding strategies.
Knowledge, Critical Skills, Experience:
Bachelor degree required.
At least 2 years of experience in grant application or development experience required.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently.
Exceptional writing, editing, and proof-reading skills essential.
Must be detail-oriented, possess superior communication and organizational skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office and CRM database essential, Salesforce a plus.
Background or interest in arts is beneficial.